Sunday, January 18, 2009

The pen tool - it's really not so bad

Also, I'm learning how to work faster. I did a poster from start to finish on Friday for a conference in Baltimore: The City from Below.  Oliver works really quickly. Decisively, might be more accurate. 

There are hundreds of port-a-potties lining the national mall. I usually get off work pretty early - 3 or 3:30, so on Wednesday I decided to take advantage of the $10 I had already paid to get into the city to enjoy some of it's free offerings and stopped by the National Botanical Gardens. It was such a respite from the 11 degree day. 
 











That first one is called a pink powder puff. It looks an awful lot like the flowers from my favorite tree - the mimosa. 

After seeing all those Bobby's Potties I'm pretty glad I can stay home on Tuesday, but I did get the chance to go to Baltimore yesterday to see Obama. Rad. 


1 comment:

Jweb said...

hey, sounds cool! I'm glad you're able to get right into the creative stuff. That Mimosa-like flower, I just grabbed one from a tree the other day and used it in a drawing in my sketchbook (via stapler). Funny coincidence.